Who we are
PCDC is a national community development financial institution (CDFI), with a 28-year history of investing in the communities that need it most to improve the health of local residents. PCDC’s Capital Investment team invests in communities by providing advisory services and responsible, affordable loan capital. Given our mission and expertise, PCDC is uniquely positioned to provide financing that is tailored to transforming and expanding primary care, including, wherever possible, the co-location of medical, dental, and behavioral health services.
Who we serve
PCDC is committed to helping meet the capital needs of community-based health providers across the country to expand and enhance primary care as well as other vital health services. We have over 25 years of experience serving and financing:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and other community health centers
- Behavioral health institutions including mental health centers and substance use treatment facilities
- AIDS Service Organizations (ASOs)
- PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) programs
- Safety net hospitals including ambulatory care and outpatient centers
How we help
PCDC’s Capital Investment Practice invests in communities by providing advisory services and flexible, affordable capital to create lasting and sustainable impact for the organizations and the communities they serve. PCDC provides strategic advice to help organizations that are planning facility development projects and offers a variety of affordable and flexible short-term and long-term loan solutions to support those capital projects as well as other business and service expansions.
PCDC’s Capital Investment staff understand primary care business models and monitor policy changes and regulations that affect primary care practices and revenue streams. Our staff serve as trusted advisors to clients on what it takes to successfully finance capital projects in a changing health care environment.
To fund our loans, we raise impact-focused capital from government, banks, and foundations. We also partner with other community lenders and advocates who are dedicated to catalyzing excellence in primary care to ensure we can meet all borrowers’ needs, regardless of project size.
in low-income communities
PCDC has a proven investment track record with over $1 billion leveraged in the communities we serve, and with recognition from:
- Aeris, the CDFI rating agency, with a Four-star impact performance rating with Policy Plus and AA+ financial strength and performance rating
- Health Resources and Services Administration as the Lender Coordinator for the Community Health Center Loan Guarantee Program
- Wells Fargo NEXT Award for Opportunity Finance (2012)
- Wachovia-Wells Fargo NEXT Award for
- CDFI Excellence for Advocacy (2007)
- Innovation (2001)
- Driehaus Capital Management Social Compact Award for our partnership with JP Morgan (1999)