Free HIV Capacity Building for Providers
How can we partner with you?
PCDC’s HIV prevention capacity building assistance (CBA) program provides free training and technical assistance to health care organizations with the goal of expanding and improving the delivery of HIV prevention services within clinical settings. Our program is based on the core components of CDC’s High Impact Prevention strategy.
Our HIV Prevention Services
PCDC provides individualized training, technical assistance, and resources on all of the following HIV prevention topics. Based on the needs of your health care organization, we create a package of CBA services that works for you.
- Collecting Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Data
- Culturally Competent Care: Incorporating Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Considerations into Practice
- Considerations for Gender-Affirming Care
- Sister to Sister (S2S)*
PEP & PrEP
- Get the Basics on PEP and PrEP
- Billing and Reimbursement for PrEP
- How to Assess for PrEP Eligibility
- How to Support PrEP Adherence
- Key Considerations for PrEP Implementation
- PEP and PrEP Navigation
- How to Conduct Opt-Out HIV Screening
- New HIV Testing Technologies
- Billing and Reimbursement for HIV Testing
- Key Considerations for Post-Test Counseling
- Key Considerations for Implementation of Routine Testing
- Pharmacy Testing*
Linkage to Care
Prevention with Positives
- HIV Navigation Services*
- Partnership for Health – Safer Sex*
- Staying Connected*
- Enhancing Skills for HIV Navigation (8-part series)
- HIV and other Co-Occurring Chronic Conditions
- Social Determinants of Health
- How to Create and Maintain Professional Boundaries
- Basics of Good Communication
- Basics of Mental Illness and Crisis Management
- Considerations for Behavioral Health
- Motivational Interviewing
For more information about our HIP in Health Care services, please review our Services Bulletin.
June 27 is National HIV Testing Day
Knowing one’s HIV status is the first step in receiving appropriate care. The CDC recommends routine HIV screenings for everyone aged 13-64, and annual screenings for those at higher risk.
Use the HIV Locator to find local HIV testing services.
PCDC’s HIP in Health Care team is proud to be a member of the Capacity Building Assistance Provider Network (CPN). To find out more information about the network, please visit the CPN website.