Transformation Loan Fund
The Transformation Loan Fund enables health centers and other providers to undertake critical investments that support new delivery and payment models, among other changes. By accessing capital for these increasingly complex needs — from technology upgrades to new staffing focused on care coordination — providers can transition to new models of delivery and payment, and maximize their resources dedicated to primary care.
What are the loans for?
The timing is critical: Over the past few years, the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA) has been challenging the U.S. health care system to deliver higher quality care to more people but also drive down costs. In response, many states and payers have instituted radical delivery system and payment reforms that have required significant changes by CHCs, among them:
- Upgrading electronic health record systems (EHRs) to the newest generation which includes outcomes-oriented programming and allows for real-time information exchange between organizations and outcomes measurement
- Implementing patient-centered service integration efforts to provide comprehensive care, including services historically provided by mental health organizations, substance-use disorder treatment programs, and others
- Expanding their workforce, hiring more and varied staff who can extend clinical capacity, engaging patients in consistent care, and performing analysis of costs and outcomes data
- Diversifying delivery to include emerging treatment modalities that improve patients’ access to care, e.g., telehealth
For community health centers, adapting to these changes involves multiple priorities of equal importance. The Transformation Loan Fund is designed specifically to address these expectations, providing patient capital that allows providers the flexibility to adapt and reposition for success in the changing health care environment. As with all PCDC financing, loans are based on the organization’s specific needs and characteristics.
Who is eligible?
The pilot loan program, which provides loans in amounts of $200,000 to $2 million, is available to health care and other community-based providers specializing in care and services for underserved communities in the U.S., including:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and other community health centers
- Behavioral health institutions including mental health centers and substance use treatment facilities
- AIDS Service Organizations (ASOs)
- PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) programs
- Safety net hospitals including ambulatory care and outpatient centers
How do I learn more?
Please submit a capital lending inquiry form. Once submitted, a member of our staff will reach out to you and provide additional information.
“PCDC helped us achieve our mission: expanding care in the Bedford-Stuyvesant community. We were able to move to a much bigger, brighter facility and also expand services.”