National Training Institute
Essentials of Care Management
June 5 – 6, 2019
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
UPDATE (5/28): This event is sold out, but other trainings will be announced soon.
To receive early alerts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title “National Training Institute.”
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is pleased to invite you to a two-day training designed to improve skill and confidence in care management work.
Topics will include:
- Trauma-informed care
- Social determinants of health
- Health literacy
- Medication adherence
- Health risk assessment and care planning
- Motivational interviewing
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who is working within a care coordination or care management program that focuses on people living with multiple chronic health conditions and social challenges, including addiction, homelessness, food insecurity, violence, and difficulty accessing care.
What to Expect:
- An experiential training that will include group activities, personal reflections, case studies, role plays, and other skill-building practices
- A light breakfast and full lunch provided each day
- Resources and materials to use and keep
- A certificate of completion will be issued
- Explain how health care can help combat the negative effects of social determinants on health
- Learn and practice health education and coaching skills
- List ways to help improve medication and treatment adherence
- Describe the components of a comprehensive health risk assessment
- Create a person-centered care plan using SMART objectives
- Demonstrate motivational interviewing
$600 per person
Payment must be made before June 5
Space is limited for this small-group event.
PCDC’s experts have trained thousands of staff across a range of health care settings on the topics covered in this training, including staff working as part of the Health Home and Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) programs.