LGBTQ Health Series: Part 2, Collecting Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Data (SO/GI)
Updated: November 8, 2017
To view this webinar, click here.
The complete slide deck is also available for download on the right side of this page.
Integrating SO/GI data into administrative intake and history taking is essential in identifying and understanding LGBTQ health disparities, and for developing services and interventions to reduce them. This second webinar in a three part series will provide participants with:
- An overview of the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) requirement to report SO/GI data in the Uniform Data System (UDS).
- Information about the difference between sexual orientation and gender identity
- Key definitions of terms relevant to the collection of SO/GI data, including the difference between sexual orientation and sexual identity.
- Integrating SO/GI data collection into the EMR
- FQHC Case Study featuring a team of SO/GI data collection experts.