Last year, PCDC published dozens of news stories and hundreds of social media posts about our community investment, training and technical assistance, and advocacy work. Following are the most-read news items of 2020 — with the need for policymakers to address COVID-19 disparities taking the top spot:
10. HRSA Loan Guarantee Program: Unlocking Financing for Health Centers
Nancy Lager, Senior Director of Capital Investment at PCDC, and Anne Dyjak, Managing Director of Capital Investment, discusses the HRSA Health Center Facility Loan Guarantee Program’s benefits, PCDC’s central involvement, and how to apply.
9. PCDC Report: Many NYC Areas Most Affected by COVID-19 Have Low Primary Care Access
PCDC issues a Points on Care brief that outlines how people in lower-income and communities of color in New York City have a longer road back to health in the COVID-19 pandemic.
8. PCDC Awarded $1.1 Million to Support Health Providers Serving Low-Income Communities Through the COVID-19 Crisis and Recovery
PCDC will leverage a $1.1 million award from the U.S. Department of Treasury’s CDFI Fund to expand access to capital to support primary care and other community-based health providers serving low-income communities through the pandemic and recovery.
7. PCDC Marks 800th Patient-Centered Medical Home
PCDC marks a major milestone in supporting 800 primary care practice sites in achieving National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition.
6. How to Talk to Patients About COVID-19
Early in the pandemic, PCDC outlined simple steps providers can take to address COVID-19 with their patients.
5. PCDC Awarded $65 Million Allocation in U.S. Treasury New Market Tax Credits for Community Health
This $65 million is PCDC’s largest allocation to date and among the highest awarded this round from the U.S. Department of Treasury.
4. PCDC Issues Recommendations on ‘Closing the Behavioral Health Integration Gap’
Funded in part by the New York State Health Foundation, “Closing the Behavioral Health Integration Gap” proposes simplifying integrated facility requirements, establishing integrated systems to share patient information, and promoting a collaborative team-based approach to care, among other steps.
3. PCDC and CHCANYS Launch COVID-19 Community Health Care Resiliency Fund to Support New York State Health Centers
PCDC and Community Health Care Association of New York State (CHCANYS) announce a $10 million COVID-19 Community Health Care Resiliency Fund to help community health centers restore, sustain, and enhance operations.
2. Five Ways Health Care Staff Can Manage Stress During the Pandemic
With the pandemic acutely affecting health care staff, PCDC outlines five effective practices they can take to help curb stress.
1. To Address COVID-19 Disparities, PCDC Urges New York State to Invest in Primary Care
PCDC submitted testimony to the New York State legislature for its Joint Senate and Assembly Public Hearing on Exploring Solutions to the Disproportionate Impact of COVID-19 on Minority Communities to recommend an increased focus on primary care in the State’s efforts to address COVID-19 health disparities.