PCDC: Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformational and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity.
Twenty-five years ago, Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) launched with a singular mission: to bring culturally competent and high-quality care to underserved communities. Today, our work to create healthier, more equitable communities encompasses financing, capacity building, and advocacy — delivering transformative change to more than 40 states.
As PCDC begins this milestone year, we are proud to reflect on our achievements since 1993, including:
- $875 million invested in low-income communities
- 1.625 million square feet improved
- 1,000+ health care organizations strengthened
- 8,550+ jobs created or preserved in low-income communities
- 7,000 health care workers trained
- Over 1 million patients with improved access to primary care