Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 1,000 practices in 40 states, and has leveraged more than $875 million to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC seeks a full-time accountant to join the Finance team. The accountant will be responsible for general accounting and financial analysis functions as well as other activities related to PCDC’s financial, investment and contract management.
- Process vendor invoices using Sage/Abila MIP accounts payables system; review invoices and check requests for appropriate approvals and general ledger coding; sort and match invoices and check requests; prepare and process accounts payable checks and wire transfers; mail vendor checks; reconcile payments; and prepare analysis of accounts (e.g. American Express, FedEx, postage, rent, insurance, etc.)
- Monitor purchase orders and accounts to ensure payments are up to date; resolve invoice discrepancies; maintain vendor files; correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries; process, distribute, and maintain 1099s
- Process scheduled outgoing wire transfers and journalize transactions accordingly
- Coordinate file archiving once a year
- Prepare credit card report templates for various AMEX card holders and upload completed reports in MIP
Cash Receipts/Accounts Receivable:
- Monitor bank account activities and journalize transactions including cash receipts, inter-fund and wire transfers, ACH, direct debits, investment income and related financial activities
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Make deposits using remote scanner and maintain schedule of incoming checks log
- Journalize cash receipts and wires in MIP
- Invoice clients for payments; monitor account status and collections follow up
General Finance Operations:
- Accounting for PCDC’s investments, including maintaining a securities ledger and updating investment gain or loss
- Process and journalize wire transfers
- Journalizing transactions as necessary in all areas; assisting with month-end close activities
- Reconciliations of Ameriflex accounts
- Perform fiscal and administrative management for major funding contracts
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger account balances for monthly closing and year-end audit
- Provide administrative support to the Finance team as needed
- Assist with the annual audit preparation
- Other tasks/assignments/research as needed
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and at least four years of relevant non-profit accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to
- problem solve with other staff members and vendors
- read and interpret documents such as invoices, quotes, and contracts for payment information
- calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages
- Keen attention to detail with an analytical ability to ensure accuracy of financial information processed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with computerized general ledger is required. Experience with Sage/Abila MIP accounting a plus.
- Motivated and willing to learn and acquire new knowledge.
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to plan & prioritize work schedule.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, salary requirements and available start date to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accountant” in the subject line.
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.