Spring Communications Intern
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 2,800 practices in nearly 40 states, and has leveraged more than $1.1 billion to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC seeks a part-time spring Communications Intern to support our Advocacy and Communications team, working 14 hours per week. This is an ideal role for a communications, marketing, or English student or recent graduate. The Communications Intern will bring knowledge of digital and print communications to create compelling content and support our work to build, transform, and ensure access to primary care for all. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Intern will be responsible for the successful execution and upkeep of PCDC’s communications activities, including administrative tasks, in support of our overall mission and strategic direction.
We seek a dynamic, creative individual with either professional or educational experience in communications to help raise PCDC’s organizational profile and showcase our reputation as leaders in health care financing, performance improvement, and advocacy.
- Support strategic communications for PCDC and its practices (Capital Investment, Performance Improvement, Advocacy & Communications, and Development)
- Update the website, including photo/text/layout
- Contribute to writing, editing, and design of print collateral, email, news, and social media content
- Draft and help plan social media campaigns
- Provide communications support for PCDC’s Primary Care Summit
- Assist other teams in their marketing and communications efforts, such as editing written materials
- Designing social media graphics, one-pagers, and other collateral if interested
- Manage multiple assignments under deadlines
- Administrative support as needed
Experience, Education & Skills
- Pursuing or completed Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, English, or another related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills with close attention to detail
- Expert with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven project management skills — including organization and time management skills — coupled with the proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and deliver quality work
- Exceptional collaborator with strong customer service skills
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress
- Experience managing social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign a plus
- Knowledge of HTML a plus
- Background in health care, nonprofits, community development, public affairs, or advocacy preferred
This is a part-time, temporary (January through May), paid internship position. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, and minimum of two samples (writing sample[s] or digital content in PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Communications Intern”).
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.