Special Assistant to the CEO
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 1,000 practices in 40 states, and has leveraged more than $875 million to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC seeks a full-time Special Assistant to provide research/analysis/writing and administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer. Key activities will include research, analysis, drafting, editing and producing documents, presentations, literature reviews, and briefing papers on varied public-health related topics as well as administrative and confidential work on behalf of the CEO such as scheduling, project management and Board of Directors management. Research, analysis and writing will be approximately 50% of time; administrative and project management work will constitute the other 50%. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent bachelor’s or master’s level graduate who is interested in a career in public health or community development.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Special Assistant will:
- Prepare briefing materials and research about meeting participants, organizations and specific subject matter
- Conduct research and analysis on a wide variety of public health and best practice issues for use in policy development, writing of position papers, and development of programs
- Research, draft and edit reports, briefing papers, literature reviews, public comments, proposals and position statements for internal review and external distribution
- Support the CEO to prepare presentations on a wide variety of issues and topics, including preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Provide administrative support to the CEO, including scheduling internal and external meetings, providing travel planning and support, managing expenses and budgets, and special project management
- Support the organization’s senior leadership as needed for organization-wide activities such as staff retreats, leadership and executive meetings, and conference attendance/exhibition through scheduling, setting and maintaining agendas, and managing project timelines and deliverables
- Manage relationships, schedules, and Board documents on behalf of the CEO for the Board of Directors, including managing the web-based Board Portal, scheduling and logistics coordination for Board-related meetings and calls, taking and preparing minutes of Board and certain Board committee meetings, and other Board-related activities
- Participate in the general office administrative rotation (e.g. vacation coverage and supporting events) as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in public health/policy, public administration, not-for-profit management, or other associated field required; graduate work or degree a plus.
- At least 2 years of relevant employment experience
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated advanced facility with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Visio, and Adobe Acrobat Pro; proficiency with survey design and data collection in Survey Monkey
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment, adapt to changing priorities, and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Collaborative and collegial approach
- Strong oral communication skills
- Highly trustworthy and able to use discretion
- Highly organized and efficient, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, salary requirements and available start date to: email@example.com with “Special Assistant to CEO” in the subject line.
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.