Senior Program Manager, Business Development, Performance Improvement Practice
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and community development finance institution, catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 1,000 practices in 40 states, and has leveraged more than $1 billion to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC’s Performance Improvement Practice partners with health care organizations, helping them understand their challenges, develop customized plans for change, define and achieve measurable outcomes and create lasting and sustainable impact for their organizations and those they serve. Some of our areas of expertise include:
- Primary Care Services Integration
- Primary Care Practice Operations
- HIV Prevention Capacity Building
- Population Health Management
PCDC’s team offers individualized coaching, facilitates learning collaboratives, provides consulting, leads quality improvement projects, develops curriculum and delivers training programs designed for our client’s needs. Our team works with health care organizations, including federally qualified health centers, community health centers, hospital clinics, private practices, specialty practices, and care teams team to implement strategies, processes, and workflows to provide patient-centered care that is person-focused, continuous, comprehensive, and coordinated. Our goal is to transform primary care organizations by building their capacity to integrate these key services and activities, so that they are better able to provide high quality care, thereby improving the health of their population, and reducing total cost of care. PCDC maintains a strong and comprehensive network of strategic partners and clients that share our mission and vision.
The Senior Program Manager, Business Development is passionate about supporting primary care transformation and the importance of building a high quality, affordable, accessible primary care sector to support healthy and thriving communities and health equity. S/he will develop and execute a comprehensive business development strategy for PCDC’s Performance Improvement (PI) Unit with the goal of growing the market for PCDC’s products and services and PCDC’s strategic partnerships.
The Business Development Senior Program Manager will work closely with PI’s Program Directors to identify opportunities and new business leads, and will create and maintain relationships with providers, policy makers, health care systems, insurers, corporations, and others with an interest in primary care. The Senior Program Manager will coordinate with PCDC’s Director of Government and Institutional Support to align efforts and maximize PCDC’s fundraising activities from foundation and local, state, and government sources. The Senior Program Manager will report to the Managing Director of PCDC’s Performance Improvement Practice.
- Generate business with new and existing clients for PI’s products and services.
- Market PCDC’s products, services and subject matter expertise.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with previous, current, and prospective stakeholders, partners, and clients.
- Maintain strategic partnerships with organizations that share PCDC’s mission across the spectrum of community health providers and other primary care and behavioral health organizations.
- Support program development and quality assurance to align program area vision with business development goals and clients’ needs.
- Write proposals to potential clients and funders, including consulting proposals and grant applications.
- Meet monthly business development goals and targets.
- Identify and track business development goals and targets.
- Maintain business development tracking and management systems.
- Manage, monitor and track new business inquiries (i.e., sourced from online inquiries, existing client and partner relationships, conferences, etc.). Share forecast and business pipeline regularly.
- Conduct market analysis.
- Track and assess local, state, and federal policy developments and associated funding streams to identify potential opportunities for PI services.
- Support market analysis activities for growth and expansion of PCDC’s overall business in California and other target states.
- Understand and maintain awareness of the changing healthcare landscape including the evidence base, reimbursement reform and delivery system transformation.
- Increase visibility of the Performance Improvement Practice.
- Work with PCDC’s Communications department to facilitate the development and creation of collateral, including program bulletins, pitch decks, articles, and issue briefs.
- Identify opportunities for and support PCDC’s thought leadership through seeking out speaking engagements and representing PCDC at conferences, meetings, and other events.
- Participate in enterprise-wide strategy and implementation work groups as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Characteristics
- Experience in business development for a capacity building or consulting services firm working with health care providers, government entities, non-profit organizations, hospitals or other related health care systems
- Demonstrated experience in successful grant writing, partnership building, business development and/or other fundraising
- Commitment to primary care as key to building healthy communities and health equity
- Working effectively both as a team member and on individual efforts and timelines
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience speaking publicly in diverse forums
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, including using and understanding data to inform decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and organizations, and in culturally and ethnically diverse environments
- Experience building and facilitating relationships within and among various sectors
- Familiarity with the healthcare policy environment and payment reform initiatives, particularly in New York State and California.
- Ability to travel throughout the U.S.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10 years of experience in health care, preferably primary care
- Experience managing projects in health care quality improvement, performance improvement, and/or practice transformation
- Demonstrated commitment to PCDC’s mission
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., MBA, MPH, MPA, MSW, MSN)
- Experience working as a consultant in health care.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Senior Program Manager – Business Development” in the subject line.
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.