Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC is a national community development financial institution (CDFI) dedicated to expanding and transforming primary care in underserved communities to improve health outcomes, lower health costs and reduce disparities. PCDC has three primary operating divisions: the Capital Investment group, the Performance Improvement practice, and the Advocacy and Communications division. These three operating divisions, along with our administration, finance and development groups, collaborate closely to create and maintain a synergy that is directly responsible for PCDC’s unique leadership position in the market and industry. PCDC’s staff is highly regarded nationally for their expertise in their respective areas of responsibility. The organization is governed by a distinguished 24-member Board of Directors, and receives strategy and policy advice from an equally distinguished 14-member Advisory Leadership Council.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for financial and compliance reporting as well as analysis related to PCDC’s accounts, investments, and its loan portfolio. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance.
- Reviews and approves all accounting entries including loan transactions, cash receipts, wire transfers, credit card processing and investments
- Reviews and journalizes transactions to prepare month-end and year-end closings
- Prepares financial and compliance reporting related to PCDC’s loan portfolio:
- Works with Capital Investment staff to review loan closing documents to make sure transactions or wire transfers are executed properly
- Periodic audits and reconciliations of loan (DownHome/TEA) and accounting (MIP) entries including review of delinquency or related portfolio reports
- Oversees loan audit confirmations
- Monitors reporting requirements and prepares financial and /or compliance reports to lenders, funders, and government agencies
- Prepares various account analysis and reconciliations including: loan receivables and DownHome balances; PCDC’s reserves accounts; borrower’s liabilities and assets accounts; payroll taxes; and employee benefit accounts
- Analyzes PCDC’s lending capital accounts and reserves evaluation quarterly; performs internal audit of reserves calculations based on borrowers’ annual operating and financial results
- Confirms accuracy of payroll data received from PCDC’s timekeeping system; reviews allocation of personnel and shared OTPS through MIP allocation module
- Prepares financial reports for the Board, funders or government agencies
- Assists with the annual budget development process and audit
- Performs research and works on special projects, as required
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and five to seven years of relevant non-profit accounting
- Experience in banking or lending industry a plus
- Strong financial analytical ability including excellent spreadsheet skills
- Ability to present financial data/information and communicate clearly – verbally and in writing – with internal staff or clients
- Strong interpersonal skills which facilitate ability to function as team member and work effectively with PCDC leadership, staff, clients, vendors and others
- Familiar with GAAP, federal and state tax, and other compliance regulations as it relates to not-for-profit organizations and in general to the activities of PCDC
- Proficient with accounting software; working knowledge of loan servicing software program and Microsoft Access a plus
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to plan & prioritize work schedule
- Strong attention to detail
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Senior Accountant” in the subject line.
PCDC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.