Public Policy, Health Care Intern (Paid)
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 2,800 practices in nearly 40 states, and has leveraged more than $1.1 billion to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC seeks a part-time fall Public Policy Intern (14 hours per week) to support our Advocacy and Communications team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Advocacy and Communications, this internship is an opportunity to gain critical knowledge of relevant and critical health policy issues. Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply, with preference given to those pursuing a Masters in Public Health (MPH), Masters in Public Policy (MPP), or a background in public health and/or policy.
We seek a highly organized, creative individual with either professional or educational experience in policy to help advocate for PCDC’s position as a leader in health care financing and performance improvement.
- Writing and editing policy briefs and other material for New York State advocacy efforts
- Scheduling, preparing for, attending, and following up on policy meetings with legislators
- Tracking and disseminating information about key policy issues
- Updating contact database with relevant information about policymakers and legislative districts
- Assisting in the planning and execution of events to draw attention to primary care policy priorities
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Experience, Education & Skills
- Current undergraduate or graduate student (MPH or MPP preferred)
- Background or interest in health care / public policy
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
This is a part-time, temporary (September through December), paid internship position. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, and minimum of two writing samples (in PDF format) to: email@example.com (subject line: “Policy Intern”).
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.