Practice Transformation Manager
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 1,000 practices in 40 states, and has leveraged more than $875 million to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC’s Performance Improvement Practice partners with health care organizations, helping them understand their challenges, develop customized plans for change, define and achieve measurable outcomes and create lasting and sustainable impact for their organizations and those they serve. Some of our areas of expertise include: Primary Care Services Integration, Primary Care Practice Operations, HIV Prevention Capacity Building, and Population Health Management, including Care Management & Care Coordination.
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is expanding its Performance Improvement Practice and seeks Practice Transformation Managers to advance projects that expand and transform primary care in underserved communities. These projects aim to improve health outcomes, lower health costs and reduce disparities. Practice Transformation Managers work directly with PCDC’s clients to achieve project goals and report to project team leads. Our clients are predominantly primary care providers and community health centers. Practice Transformation Managers report to an assigned Program Director, while also receiving direction from project leads or other senior managers within the Performance Improvement Practice.
PCDC Practice Transformation Managers plan, schedule and manage all project activities contributing to the successful execution of milestones and tasks. Practice Transformation Managers manage resources to ensure goals are met on-time, on budget and within defined scope; establish and oversee timeline and cost parameters; apply technical, theoretical and managerial skills to satisfy project requirements; and build positive professional relationships with clients and partners.
- Plan and implement performance and quality improvement programs within the primary care setting
- Facilitate clients through the project cycle, including team building, project planning, workflow redesign, and implementation
- Establish and manage an evaluation plan to measure operational performance and transformation activities
- Coach clients on the effective design and implementation strategies, including sustaining and spreading the performance improvements
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of these areas:
- Quality Improvement and Performance Improvement
- Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
- Revenue Maximization/Billing Cycle Optimization
- Care Management
- Patient Access to Care
- Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Health Care Education, Training, or Coaching
- Clinical background (e.g., MD, RN, PA, LPN, NP, CNM) or experience working in clinical setting highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in public health or related discipline preferred
- Performance Improvement experience, particularly in community health
- Experience as a consultant
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional product teams within budgetary and schedule constraints, including addressing competing priorities for yourself and project teams
- Experience directing internal and/or external project teams, including resolving conflicting views
- Experience effectively facilitating/mediating for teams and ability to manage team dynamics
- Demonstrated skills and experience in negotiation, problem identification, and resolution
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively as a team member
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Practice Transformation Manager” in the subject line.
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.