Practice Coach (Los Angeles, California)
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 3,500 practices in 43 states, and has leveraged more than $1.2 billion to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC’s Clinical and Quality Partners team provides consulting, training and coaching services to improve the capacity of primary care practices, behavioral health organizations, and other community-based providers to assess, plan, and transform the delivery of care, ensuring that communities receive continuous access to high-quality, sustainable care.
Since 2018, PCDC has been expanding its support to California-based federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), independent physician practices, and health systems with the opening of a Los Angeles-based office. These efforts have been supported by collaborations with local primary care associations, federal funding, and direct contracts with providers. PCDC’s practice coaches work across broad areas of primary care improvement, including:
- Data-Driven Improvement
- Team-Based Care
- Population Health Management
- Care Coordination
- Telemedicine and Other Points of Access
- Social Determinants of Health
Practice coaches assess practices’ current operations, create practice-level improvement plans, provide quality improvement technical assistance, support Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition, and participate in and lead cross-practice learning collaboratives.
The Practice Coach (PC) will provide direct Quality Improvement (QI) Technical Assistance (TA) to practices/organizations contracted with PCDC and located in Los Angeles county, California. This position reports to the Program Director, Performance Improvement and will be part of a team of practice coaches, program managers, program coordinators, trainers, and subcontractors. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Outreach to providers, provider organizations, and healthcare systems
- Assess practices along the continuum of transformation, focusing on identified performance measures, and create relevant QI work plans to address gaps in care
- Implement QI interventions in collaboration with clinicians and their teams in conjunction with other PCDC staff and subject matter experts
- Provide direct QI coaching to facilitate practice redesign and/or other operational and clinical improvements with designated practices and practice teams to reach QI goals
- Lead trainings and other group sessions to improve the skills and knowledge of practice leadership, clinicians, and other frontline staff
- Analyze data and look at trends regarding practice performance to develop and inform improvement plans and identify opportunities for shared learning events
- Identify challenges and barriers that may prevent practices from achieving goals in desired timeframe and develop improvement plans
- Support the development and dissemination of relevant QI project materials and communications
- Stay abreast of new developments and industry trends related to QI, clinical best practices, quality metrics, service excellence and practice transformation
- Identify and share Electronic Health Record (EHR) optimization practices and ways to utilize data to achieve improvement in healthcare delivery systems, processes, and outcomes
- Travel in service region (Los Angeles), estimated 20%
- Master’s degree in a related field (e.g., MPH, MPA, MBA, MSW) or clinical professional degree (MD, DO, NP, PA, RN) required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in health care quality improvement with a preference for at least 5 years’ coaching, consulting, or operations experience
- Knowledge of and experience using EHRs and building reports for quality improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of CMS and Medi-Cal standards and regulations, clinical quality measures including HEDIS, Medicare and National Quality Forum (NQF) measures, and Quality Improvement science
- Demonstrated experience implementing QI programs and projects
- Very strong interpersonal, collaborative and working relationship skills and proven ability to build networks and partnerships
- Strong team leadership and team-building skills, especially a demonstrated ability to inspire and manage a highly results-oriented, diverse and quality-focused team
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Driven, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, creative and flexible, and willing to work hands-on in a fast-paced, growing organization
- Demonstrated commitment to PCDC’s mission of advancing primary care in underserved communities
- Willing to travel
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements, to: email@example.com with “California Practice Coach” in the subject line. This position is contingent upon the execution of specific engagements in California. Position could commence as early as June 2020. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.