Policy and Advocacy Manager
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC is a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and a U.S. Treasury-certified community development financial institution (CDFI) dedicated to building equity and excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 1,000 practices in 40 states, and has leveraged more than $1 billion to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC seeks a full-time Policy and Advocacy Manager to support our policy efforts to expand and increase primary care access and investments. The Policy and Advocacy Manager will help to build and manage cross-sector coalitions of stakeholders and advocates for primary care advocacy, develop policy briefs and other collateral, and track, monitor, and respond as appropriate to policies affecting primary care and community development. The Policy and Advocacy Manager will report to the Senior Director of Advocacy and Communications, work closely with other members of the Advocacy and Communications team, and be based in our New York, NY office.
- Track and monitor relevant policies, policymaker positions, and policy processes, identifying opportunities for PCDC involvement
- Implement advocacy strategies to build primary care champions at the state and national levels
- Develop policy position briefs and collateral, organize events, draft communications to educate policymakers and the public about PCDC’s work, primary care, and the impact of community development financial institutions
- Represent PCDC at meetings with other advocates, ensuring PCDC priorities are reflected in broader advocacy messages and campaigns
- Work with senior members of the advocacy team to build and manage coalitions of stakeholders focused on primary care
- Assist in the identification of target stakeholders and management of relationships with external partners as relevant to accomplish PCDC advocacy objectives
- Coordinate with all PCDC teams to ensure timely and accurate updates to PCDC’s website and collateral
- Support the monitoring and tracking of key performance indicators and deliverables
- Assist in other department activities as necessary
Required Experience, Education & Skills
- 3+ years of work experience in the field of public policy, advocacy, community development, financial institutions, or nonprofit health care, ideally with previous advocacy experience in New York, California, or at the federal level
- Experience with tracking state and federal policy, regulations, and legislation
- Understanding of the health and community development communities, including think tanks, academics, and policy advocates/activists
- Previous involvement in building and managing coalitions
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in public policy, communications, or public health preferred, but not required
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three policy-related writing samples to: email@example.com with “Policy and Advocacy Manager” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter and writing samples.
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.