Paid Communications Intern, Spring
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 1,000 practices in 40 states and leveraged $1 billion to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC seeks a part-time spring Communications Intern (14 hours per week) to support our Advocacy and Communications team. This is an ideal role for a current communications, marketing, or English student or recent graduate. The Communications Intern will bring knowledge of digital and print communications to create compelling content and support our work to build, transform, and ensure access to primary care for all. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Intern will be responsible for the successful execution and upkeep of PCDC’s communications activities, including administrative tasks, in support of our overall mission and strategic direction.
We seek a highly organized, creative individual with either professional or educational experience in communications to help raise PCDC’s organizational profile and showcase our reputation as leaders in health care financing, performance improvement, and advocacy.
- Support strategic communications for PCDC and its practices (Capital Investment, Performance Improvement, Advocacy & Communications, and Development)
- Update the website, including photo/text/layout
- Contribute to writing, editing, and design of print collateral, email, news, and social media content
- Conduct research as needed
- Draft and help plan social media campaigns
- Provide communications support for all PCDC events
- Assist other teams in their marketing and communications efforts, i.e., editing written materials and reviewing PowerPoint presentations
- Manage multiple assignments under high-pressure deadlines
- Administrative support as needed
Required Experience, Education & Skills
- Pursuing (or completed) bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, English, or related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with content management systems and email delivery applications such as WordPress and Constant Contact
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign a plus
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven project management skills, particularly time management
- Background in health care, nonprofits, community development, public affairs, or advocacy a plus
This is a part-time, temporary (January through May), paid internship position. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, and minimum of two work samples (writing sample[s] or digital content in PDF format) to: email@example.com (subject line: “Communications Intern”).
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.