Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 3,500 practices from more than 44 states and has leveraged $1.1 billion to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC’s Performance Improvement Practice provides consulting, training and coaching services to improve the capacity of the primary care sector to assess, plan, and transform the delivery of care, helping providers become efficient, patient-centered, accessible, evidence-based, outcomes-oriented and sustainable sites of care. PCDC’s Evaluation & Analytics unit works closely with the Performance Improvement Practice to monitor and evaluate programmatic work, examining access, outcomes, and quality measures through rigorous data analytics.
PCDC is a pre-qualified vendor in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Network of Quality Improvement and Innovation Contractor (NQIIC) pool. NQIICs serve as quality improvement experts, facilitators, and change agents for health care transformation.
PCDC has applied for a Clinical Quality Improvement Contractors (CQIC) Clinician-Focused Task Order through the CMS NQIIC pool. Under this program, PCDC will lead a $50M, 5-year risk-based contract to improve outcomes of approximately 1900 primary care and behavioral health clinicians in New York. If awarded, PCDC’s CQIC Program will commence immediately, as early as January 2020.
The program has four key aims and approximately 20 clinical quality measures. CMS’s aims are to:
- Improve Behavioral Health Outcomes, focusing on Decreased Opioid Misuse
- Increase Patient Safety
- Improve Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Increase Quality of Care Transitions
PCDC has strategically partnered with Healthix, the largest public health information exchange in the nation, who will be responsible for data reporting as well as predictive analytics to support PCDC’s quality improvement activities.
Key program activities include recruitment and retention of clinicians, assessing practices, creating practice-level improvement plans, providing quality improvement technical assistance, and participating in and leading CQIC-wide Learning and Action Networks.
The Data Analyst will provide quality improvement measurement, data management, and analysis to monitor the delivery of Quality Improvement (QI) Technical Assistance (TA) to clinicians enrolled in PCDC’s CQIC Program. This position reports to PCDC’s Director of Evaluation and Analytics and will work closely with a team of 3 to 5 Quality Improvement Advisors, a Provider Recruitment & Engagement Specialist, various support staff, and subcontractors. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Assess clinical practices using quality improvement and transformation data, focusing on CQIC Aims and Measures, and create reports for QI Advisors;
- Collaborate closely with QI Advisors and Healthix, support monthly and quarterly reporting across all partners;
- Analyze data and look at trends regarding practice performance to develop and inform improvement plans and identify opportunities for shared learning events;
- Support EHR optimization practices and ways to utilize data to achieve improvement in health care delivery systems, processes, and outcomes;
- Identify and obtain additional external data to support evaluation, including census data and Medicare data;
- Ensure data integrity and support data reporting by assigned practices in collaboration with other CQIC and Healthix staff;
- Collect, clean, analyze and report on internal and external data, producing graphical representations, models, maps, and statistical output using statistical software packages for presentations and decision-making;
- Conduct descriptive and statistical analyses to support program evaluations;
- Draft reports and presentations for internal and external audiences, as requested.
- Master’s degree (e.g., MPH, MPA, MS) in Public Health, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or related field required
- A minimum of two years’ experience in data analysis with a focus on quality improvement and program evaluation
- Familiarity with EHRs and building reports for quality improvement
- Knowledge of CMS standards and regulations, clinical quality measures including HEDIS, Medicare and National Quality Foundation (NQF) measures and Quality Improvement science
- Demonstrated applied analytic experience; experience with Access, SAS and ArcGIS is preferred
- Familiarity with program evaluation methodologies, study design, and statistical analysis
- Experience with data management software; experience building databases preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to create and deliver presentations to groups of various sizes
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements, to: email@example.com with “Data Analyst” in the subject line. While we are currently accepting applications for this and other CQIC-related openings, hire is dependent on PCDC receiving the CQIC award. Position could commence as early as January 2020. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter.
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.