Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC is a national community development financial institution (CDFI), with a 27-year history of investing in communities and providing technical assistance to improve health care and the health of the community. PCDC works with primary care providers, policymakers, industry leaders, and other advocates to advance polices that increase access to quality primary care, enabling it to more successfully improve health outcomes, reduce costs, and improve health equity. Our key policy priorities include strengthening the primary care delivery system, expanding and sustaining primary care investment and supporting healthy communities.
PCDC is looking for a strategic communications professional to join our Advocacy and Communications team and help expand our marketing communications and media relations capacities. The Communications Manager will bring experience in digital and print communications to create compelling content and tell stories about our work to build, transform, and ensure access to primary care for all. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Manager will be responsible for the successful development and execution of PCDC’s communications activities to support our overall mission and strategic direction.
We seek a dynamic, creative individual with a proven track record of managing integrated communications and content delivery to raise PCDC’s organizational profile and showcase our reputation as leaders in health care financing, performance improvement, and advocacy.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
This position will be 100% remote (working from home) during the COVID-19 pandemic and until PCDC’s workforce can return to work in our New York City office.
- Support the management of PCDC’s strategic communications for the organization as a whole and its programmatic departments
- Manage the website, including photo/text/layout and metrics monitoring
- Build and manage photos and graphics library, including creating collaterals and developing materials with consultants when needed
- Create, format, and schedule email communications through Pardot
- Support the maintenance of Pardot lists, segmentations, and engagement components with consultants to ensure integrations across communication channels and systems
- Creatively repurpose content for distribution across channels
- Contribute to writing and editing of print collateral, email, website text, and social media content
- Collaborate with program leads and teams to develop compelling and relevant content for key stakeholders and audiences
- Manage workflow of communications projects throughout the organization to ensure work is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage the communications calendar: work across teams to identify and track program milestones, releases, initiatives, and news
- Help implement and manage metrics to report on the performance of communications initiatives
- Provide communications expertise and support for all PCDC events
- Manage multiple assignments under high-pressure deadlines
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, English, or related field
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in external communications or marketing
- Background in health care, community development, public affairs, or advocacy strongly preferred
- Experience with content management systems and email delivery applications required, WordPress and Pardot experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro)
- Experience managing social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Expert with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Tech-savviness, willingness, and ability to learn new communications systems and tools
- Excellent writing and editing skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with marketing/communications analytics
- Experience with Salesforce as well as B2B communications strongly preferred
- Proficiency with HTML preferred
- Proven project management skills including organization and time management skills coupled with the proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and deliver quality work
- Ability to manage up, down, and across an organization
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and a minimum of three work samples (writing sample[s] or digital content in PDF format) to: email@example.com (subject line: “Communications Manager”).
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression including transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.