Analyst, Capital Investment
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and community development financial institution (CDFI), catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 1,000 practices in 40 states, and has leveraged more than $1 billion to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC’s Capital Investment Team invests in communities by providing advisory services and flexible, affordable capital to create lasting and sustainable impact for the organizations and the communities they serve. The Capital Investment team provides financing that is tailored to transforming and expanding primary care, including, wherever possible, the integration of comprehensive medical, dental and behavioral health services.
PCDC seeks a full-time Analyst to join the Capital Investment (CI) team. The Analyst is responsible for leading analytical efforts for the CI team, and assists the team in other areas of healthcare investment. The Analyst reports directly to the Chief Lending Officer and is also be accountable to the Chief Credit Officer and the Managing Director. The Analyst provides support to all members of the CI team for the responsibilities outlined below, including evaluating projected and actual performance of clients, and impacts from specific investments. Responsibilities also include financial statement analysis, borrower credit reviews, loan requests, and MIS reporting. Assistance mainly involves spreading financial statements, maintaining borrower and loan production files, communicating with borrowers, composing written summaries, gathering and compiling data, analyzing and preparing reports, and preparing reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Financial Analysis – New Investments: Working closely with relationship managers, spread and analyze borrowers’ financial statements and projections, prepare financial analytics associated with Capital investments, including sourcing and collecting relevant financial data, preparing historical and projected cash flow models, and summarizing financial analysis, and prepare narratives as part of a credit memo. Assist with preparation of other components of the credit memo as requested.
- Financial Analysis – Portfolio: Working with the CI Portfolio Manager(s), evaluate client actual performance against projected performance as initially modeled, over life of investment.
- Compliance: Monitor and maintain PCDC compliance with requirements set forth by government agencies, funders and investors. Support the appropriate CI team leader(s) to assemble data and complete necessary reports for advisory contracts. Serve as liaison to internal partners to ensure timely compliance reporting.
- Impact Analysis: Track projected and actual client and community impact from PCDC investments, including job creation, patient and visit volume changes, health outcomes, etc.
- Customer Relations: Provide quality customer service at all points of contact with internal and external clients. Field general inquiries from prospects, coordinate the collection of due diligence from applicants, and coordinate the collection of impact data from borrowers.
- Reporting: Assemble data, analyze trends, and prepare reports for management, committees, Board of Directors, and external investors and agencies.
Required Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required; degree in real estate, finance, accounting, or business is preferred.
- At least three years’ experience in finance, community development, or real estate development or the equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by PCDC.
- Formal credit or financial analysis training is strongly preferred.
- Strong financial skills and knowledge.
- Strong analysis and computer skills, particularly with Excel.
- Exemplary oral/written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and energetic, exercise initiative and mature judgment.
- Must have the ability to work effectively under time-critical conditions.
- Work as a strong team player within a collaborative process.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Analyst, Capital Investment” in the subject line.
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression including transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.