Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 1,000 practices in 40 states, and has leveraged more than $1 billion to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC seeks a part-time Accounting Assistant to join the Finance team, working two days per week during the school year and full-time (35 hours per week) during the summer months. The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Finance team by assisting with general accounting operations and special projects.
- Assist with Accounts Payable – review invoices for supporting documentation, data entry and coding of invoices and expense reports using Sage/Abila MIP accounts payables module;
- Record and reconcile employees’ American Express charges in the accounting system;
- Perform bank reconciliations;
- Weekly checks mailing and filing of vendor payments;
- Update monthly fringe benefit payments using Excel worksheet;
- File maintenance, including vendor files, project binders, finance department files (including consultant and revenue files), maintaining an Archiving/Storage Log;
- Scan documents for electronic file storage;
- Assist with internal audit of loan files and related records;
- Assist with the annual audit preparation;
- Assist with file archiving once or twice a year;
- Other tasks/assignments as needed
Required Experience, Education & Skills
- Current sophomore or above undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Accounting or Business
- Relevant professional office experience required
- Self-directed, flexible, and able to prioritize duties appropriately and meet deadlines
- Keen sense of detail, organized and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prior experience with a general ledger/accounting system a plus
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter including available start date and weekly hours to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Assistant” in the subject line.
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.