Strengthening primary care policy through advocacy and research.
PCDC plays a key leadership role in Policy & Advocacy efforts to strengthen and expand primary care in underserved communities, including Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) implementation, Medicaid reimbursement reform, capital investment, and quality standards for primary care.
- “Plus” rating for policy from the CDFI Assessment and Ratings System (CARS) Survey
- Wachovia NEXT Award for advocacy efforts on behalf of primary care in New York State. (2007)
- Co-founded the New York State Primary Care Coalition, bringing together five major statewide primary care organizations to achieve affordable, appropriate healthcare coverage for all through the enhancement, support, and sustainability of primary and preventative care services in New York State.
- Worked to ensure that the Commission on Health Facilities in the 21st Century (Berger Commission) included primary care recommendations.
- Advocated for $600 million in primary care investments and reforms for New York State
- Helped secure $200 million in capital funding to expand primary care capacity and assist primary care providers in adopting information technology.
- Published special reports and studies to influence health care policy