Building healthy communities through community development.
Access to capital and access to primary care go hand in hand to improve the health of low-income communities. By investing in new and modern primary care facilities, PCDC not only enhances space and creates jobs, but it also provides an accessible, consistent and affordable source of primary health care for the community's most vulnerable residents, including those with chronic diseases, special needs and behavioral health issues.
For more stories about our impact, read about our projects.
- $457 million invested in more than 90 primary care projects in communities with the greatest health and economic need
- 850,000 square feet transformed into state-of-the-art primary care practices
- 695,000 more patients able to access primary care in their community
- 2.15 million medical visits added after the upgrade, renovation and expansions of primary care practices
- 4,725 jobs created in low-income communities
- AAA+2 rated by CDFI Assessment and Rating System (CARS)
- Lender-coordinator to HRSA Community Health Center Loan Guarantee Program
- Wachovia-Wells Fargo NEXT CDFI Excellence Award - Advocacy (2007)
- Wachovia- Wells Fargo NEXT CDFI Excellence Award - Most Innovative Loan Fund (2001)
- Driehaus Capital Management Social Compact Award - Large Bank Partnerships, PCDC and JP Morgan (1999)