Practice Transformation Manager
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity.
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is expanding its Performance Improvement Practice and seeks Practice Transformation Managers to advance projects that expand and transform primary care in underserved communities. These projects aim to improve health outcomes, lower health costs and reduce disparities. PCDC Practice Transformation Managers plan, schedule and manage all project activities contributing to the successful execution of milestones and tasks. Practice Transformation Managers manage resources to ensure goals are met on-time, on budget and within defined scope; establish oversee timeline and cost parameters; apply technical, theoretical and managerial skills to satisfy project requirements; and build positive professional relationships with clients and partners. Practice Transformation Managers work directly with our clients to achieve project goals and report to project team leads. (Our clients are predominantly primary care providers and community health centers.)
As a Practice Transformation Manager in PCDC’s Performance Improvement Practice, you will:
- Plan and implement performance and quality improvement programs within the primary care setting
- Facilitate clients through the project cycle, including team building, project planning, workflow redesign, and implementation
- Establish and manage an evaluation plan to measure operational performance and transformation activities
- Coach clients on the effective design and implementation strategies, including sustaining and spreading the performance improvements that the practice make
Practice Transformation Managers report to their assigned Program Director, but while serving as team members will receive direction from project leads or other senior managers within the Performance Improvement Practice.
Practice Transformation Managers should demonstrate expertise in one or more of these areas:
- Quality Improvement and Performance Improvement
- Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
- Revenue Maximization/Billing Cycle Optimization
- Care Management
- Patient Access to Care
- Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Health Care Education, Training, or Coaching
- Clinical background highly desired (e.g., MD, RN, PA, LPN, NP, CNM).
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in public health or related discipline preferred
- Performance Improvement experience, particularly in community health
- Experience as a consultant
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional product teams within budgetary and schedule constraints, including addressing competing priorities for yourself and project teams
- Experience directing internal and/or external project teams, including resolving conflicting views
- Experience effectively facilitating/mediating for teams and ability to manage team dynamics
- Demonstrated skills and experience in negotiation, problem identification, and resolution
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively as a team member
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC; www.pcdc.org) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming and expanding primary care in underserved communities to improve health outcomes, reduce healthcare costs and disparities. Our programs enhance access to primary care by offering flexible financing to build and modernize facilities, providing coaching and training to strengthen care delivery, and leading policy initiatives. Since 1993, PCDC has partnered with more than 500 primary care organizations throughout the U.S. to adopt a patient-centered model of care that maximizes patient access, meaningful use of health IT, care coordination and patient experience. Certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) by the U.S. Treasury, PCDC has invested more than $360 million in over 95 primary care capital projects. This investment has improved 745,000 square feet of space and created 2,550 permanent and 1,400 construction jobs in low-income communities.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Practice Transformation Manager” in the subject line. EOE M/F/D/V