Director of Communications
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care (http://pcdc.org/). Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC is a national community development financial institution (CDFI), with a 24 year history of investing in communities and providing technical assistance to improve health care and the health of the community. PCDC works with primary care providers, policymakers, industry leaders, and other advocates to advance polices that increase access to quality primary care, enabling it to more successfully improve health outcomes, reduce costs and improve health equity. Our key policy priorities include strengthening the primary care delivery system, expanding and sustaining primary care investment and supporting healthy communities.
PCDC is seeking a Director of Communications to provide leadership and strategic direction to PCDC in all areas of communications. This is a varied, fast-paced career opportunity that will set and guide PCDC’s strategy for all communications, website, and collateral to consistently articulate and advance PCDC’s mission and strategic plan. The Director of Communications will work to ensure that PCDC is viewed as a primary source, disseminator and conduit of information on primary care issues.
This position will report to the Senior Director for External Affairs and Advocacy, will work closely with senior leadership and staff throughout the organization, and will directly supervise a Communications Manager.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate PCDC’s strategic communication plan across the entire organization in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Lead the Communications team in message development, media relations, and branding efforts in support of PCDC’s strategic direction and support PCDC’s proactive communication and outreach.
- Direct the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including but not limited to PCDC’s website, social media outlets, newsletters, brochures, and reports. Ensure that content is accurate, up-to-date, and accessible.
- Lead the generation of online content that engages the primary care and community development community and leads to measurable action. Decide who, when, and where to disseminate information. Ensure that new, accurate, and consistent information is posted regularly.
- Plan for and facilitate earned media and social media coverage of PCDC’s initiatives and activities to create momentum and awareness.
- Supervise, mentor and evaluate staff, consultants and interns.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent verbal and written and presentation communications skills
- Adept at storytelling from both a narrative and visual perspective
- Expert knowledge about key social media platforms
- Ability to create and deliver presentations for a wide variety of audiences
- High energy, maturity and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Self-starter, able to work independently, highly organized
- Masters’ in Public Health, Policy, Administration, Communications, Marketing or Business Administration preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including supervisory experience
- Other key skills include: Diplomatic; able to work in a fast-paced environment with a wide variety of staff, board members and external partners; excellent research abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. WordPress expertise strongly preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Communications” in the subject line.